Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thing 3 - RSS

I have heard the term RSS several times, and have never fully understood what they were about until now. I feel a little smarter now that I now what this is exactly. An RSS makes sense. It allows you to go to one pages and read all of the updates of the different blogs, news sites and other things that you read.

I will start to use it more frequently in my private life. I have a couple of blogs that I go to that are related to my favorite tv shows. I also have a couple of blogs that my friends do. I feel that using my RSS would aid me by cutting down the time it takes to have to go from website to website. Especially when there hasn't been any updates since the last time you have visited it.

I tried the Google Blog Search to come up with some blog to add to my RSS. I had a difficult time with it. I would put in things to add and it would come up with blog enteries that may have just mentioned the word once. I did, however, go to cnn.com and used their RSS links to subscribe to some of the areas that I tend to read that most on their website.

No comments: