Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thing 13 - Online Productivity Tools

I chose iGoogle as my start page. The reason I chose this it, is because I have a gmail account and find that it is easier for me if I keep everything related to Google.

I did find that stikkit will be useful in the near future. I will however, probably use it for a good week to two weeks, before I decide that it is too much of a hassle to keep inputing stuff online. The Zamzar would be a great productivity tool for at home and even in the library. It could be used in the library when someone has an document that would like to work on at the library, but we do not have the right program to open it. We could then direct them to the Zamzar website and have them convert it in to a document that would work on our computers. I could also use it for myself in the same way.

I did take a look at Backpack. I think that it is a great idea. It would be something that I would want to use if I had my own private business. At our library, we already have an intranet that is set up.

No comments: