Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thing 12 - Do you Digg?

It's hard to say how the library would use these items. It would be a great reference point for our patrons. The patrons could be referred to these websites if they wanted to be able to read all sorts of different types of news. I would use it in my personal life as a way to get different types of news. That I may not see on just a regular news site. I would definitely use it for the Entertainment news that I always seem to miss.

It does seem as a productivity detractor. Mainly because of the fact that I would become distracted and start to read all sorts of different kinds of articles. I know that I would not be able to look at any of these websites while I'm at work. Just because of the fact that I would be come extremely distracted from what I had planned on doing. Other people may find it a productivity enhancer. They could say that because of the fact that you have different types of articles all in one spot. There would be no reason to go from one news site to the next.

I do have to say that doing this thing was the first time that I was introduced to these different sites. I find that if I had known about them, I would have used them sooner. I like that the users have the ability to share the different news articles they find on the web.

No comments: