Monday, March 17, 2008

Thing 10 - Wikis

I like the idea of wikis. It seems like a neat idea to allow everyone the opportunity to give their insight on what is needed or what they believe should be the fact that is on the site.

Wikipedia is a source that many Professors do not like. It is generally one that I avoided during my time in school. (Which is not that long ago) What I would do with Wikipedia is I would use it as a springboard. I would look something up in it, and then I would use that information to go in a different direction than I maybe had originally planned. Of course, this would never go down in my Works Cited/Reference page. This is because I had a couple of Professors who told us that they would mark off points if they saw it on the Works Cited/Reference page. My thought on the banning of Wikipedia is that you really shouldn't ban students from the ability to use what Wikipedia has to offer in expanding their research.

I ended up editing the 23 Things on a Stick Wiki.

No comments: