Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing 20 - Myspace and Facebook

I have a Facebook account and I am obsessed with it. I use it as a way to communicate with my friends who I haven't seen in a long time. I enjoy it too. I do not have a myspace page. I am not the biggest fan of myspace. My younger siblings are all obsessed with it. I did at one time try it, and was weirded out by the amount of strangers that were trying to befriend me.

I think that Facebook is the fasting growing social network because of the control that you have over others seeing your profile. I also think it maybe to the extent that, in my opinion, it is not quite as scary as Myspace. I also think that myspace is also for the teens and Facebook is used more by 20s and older. I might be wrong in these assumptions, but it's from my experience in what I have come across. I do think that the reputation is deserved. Yes, there are somethings about Facebook I do not like. Mainly the new applications and how you are required by some to invite people to them. (Which is really annoying.) Other than that, Facebook is a great way to stay in touch with people that you don't get to see very often. I know that I have a friend that is now going to Med school and is really bad at replying to emails. Now with Facebook, I can see what she is up to. That is why I believe that Facebook is one of the fastest growing social networks.

No comments: